Saturday, September 6, 2008

How did THAT Happen?

I was shocked and confused when yesterday I realized that I have NOTHING on the needles. That has not happened since the days when I was an occasional scarf and hat knitter.

I guess I should not admit that it was a wholly unexpected. Sometime over the summer I decided that I only want to have two projects going at once- a pair of socks and something else. I think that is a good balance. Two different projects for different moods.

Before I started my new knitting agenda, I wanted to get rid of all languishing projects. I do not understand how people can have incomplete projects for months or even years. Either you still like the project and it is fun to knit or it is not. If it is not, you should frog it.

I finished all of my long-term projects before I went to DC this summer, but I wanted a fresh start in the fall. That means that when I finished the spiral boot socks I talked about in my last post, I did not immediately cast on for another project. After I finished my next project, I realized that meant that I did not have any ongoing projects at all.

The bright side of having nothing on the needles? I have a finished object. I need to block it, but then I will post about it.

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

Those boot socks are sweet! What's next?