Friday, July 17, 2009

Ta-Da!

It took me 19 weeks (gad!) but I finally finished my Marlene socks!
First off, let me say that I do not like having something on my needles this long. Most projects have a two month max time limit, unless it's really big, which a pair of socks are not. However, the last 19 weeks have been very, very full. The pattern is actually very easy to "get" but with about 3 million twisted stitches it takes forever. I finished the first sock fairly quickly, but I got a wicked case of second sock syndrome. Facing that many twisted stitches again was not appealing. I did the second cuff and two pattern repeats a month or so ago, and then it languished again. I picked them up again, and finished them in three days of knitting. It was just a matter of making myself do it, and I'm glad I did. I think this sock deserves a second picture:
Pattern:#03 Marlene by Cookie A.
Yarn: Louet Gems Sport Weight in Soft Coral (the color should be named Soft Pink- I don't think it is coral colored at all)
Needle: size 8 circular
Date Started: March 7, 2009
Date Finished: July 14, 2009
Comments: Despite the amount of time it took to finish this project, I think these are one of the prettiest pairs of socks I've made. I don't think I'll ever make this pattern again, but it really is stunning. Of course, would you expect any less of Cookie A.?

No comments: