Saturday, August 8, 2009

Lavalette


I have actually finished three projects lately. This is the second one. I've been dying to make this pattern since Kirsten showed us the finished prototype on Ravelry, and I was not disappointed.

Pattern: Lavalette by Kirsten Kapur
Yarn: The Plucky Knitter Merino Cashmere Nylon Fingering in Burning Down the House
Needle: size 7 circular
Date Started: July 25, 2009
Date Finished: August 1, 2009
Comments: Gauge, gauge, gauge. How many times have I heard how important it is? Well actually, I did not completely learn my lesson this time because I think it came out the perfect size. The pattern calls for lace weight yarn, but I used fingering. I forgot to up the needle size when I cast on, but the resulting denser fabric is perfect for a winter scarf, which is what I planned this to be all along. I ran out of yarn, so I had to be a little inventive. I did not finish the last stockinette section and I cut two rows off of the edging. So this did not come out exactly as designed, but it is perfect for my purpose, so no harm no foul on the gauge issue this time. (Shh, don't tell anyone I said that)

The third project I've finished is a Liesl. I need to weave in the ends and sew on a button (of course I didn't make a buttonhole) so it might be a little while before you see that. And yes, my progress bar on the left is correct, I don't have anything on the needles. I know, shocking! But between my thesis, moving, and looking for a new place to live, I don't have a lot of time for knitting. I plan on changing that soon though.

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

Very pretty. How did the finals go? (You may have mentioned it, but I haven't gotten there yet.)

Gauge is important, but on a shawl or scarf, not so much IMHO.