Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ginny Socks

I've wanted to make this pattern forever. Knitted socks and Harry Potter, what can be better? It took me awhile to find the perfect yarn, but it was well worth the wait.

Pattern: Simply Ginny Socks by Anna Peck
Yarn: Knit it Up! Freckles in Ginger
Needle: size 1.5 circular
Date Started: April 16, 2010
Date Finished: May 4, 2010
Comments:This yarn is fantastic. The stitch definition is some of the best I've seen. No way I have that even of a tension, so I know that blocking made all the difference. It has a wonderful sheen too, without being too shiny. I highly recommend it. You can get Knit it Up! yarns at her etsy shop. I really enjoyed the pattern too. The cable added just enough interest while still pretty much keeping these in the "mindless" category. Wouldn't it be cute to downsize them for a little girl?

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

Very pretty. Like the colors.