

Actually, they are little buggers. Towards the end of my trip to Kenya, I was complaining to my roommate that I had not seen any monkeys. I was considering changing the name of my socks. She suggested I call them "Kenyan Baby Warthogs" because those things are so incredibly ugly that they are adorable. I love how they trot with their tails straight up in the air. On our last day, we went on a mini-safari. As soon as we got to the park, we saw these monkeys by a tree. We went into the building to pay, and while we were in there, the monkeys jumped in our van. They were looking for food. One was playing with my sweatshirt and I was sure that it was going to pee on it. Our driver had to scare them away by threatening to throw a rock at them (do not worry, he did not actually do it). No harm was done to the van or my sweatshirt, but everything smelled like animal for the rest of the day.
In honor of these fresh monkeys, I decided to keep the name of my socks. I started the first one on my plane rides to Kenya and finished the second during my trip.
Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
Yarn: The Plucky Knitter Merino Cashmere Nylon Fingering, Colorway Riverview Drive
Needle: size 2, DPN
Date Started: December 30, 2008
Date Finished: January 13, 2009
Comments: Love the pattern, love the yarn. Awesome project for distracting me from my fear of flying without being too difficult for a cramped plane seat. Everyone on the plane asked what I was making, and it was fun to show them the picture of what the final socks would look like.
No comments:
Post a Comment