Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Next Time...

Next time I decide to make a hat with fingering weight yarn and size 2 and 0 needles, remind me that I make hats as instant gratification projects. I make hats as a break from socks, not as a project that is more complicated than socks.

The end result is pretty cool though, I'll admit:
A close up of the pattern:

Pattern: Springtime in Philadelphia by Kate Gagnon
Yarn: Plucky Knitter Superwash Merino in Hey Cupcake!
Needle: size 2, circular and DPN and size 0 DPN
Date Started: February 6, 2009
Date Finished: March 1, 2009
Comments: Took too long, but I'm impatient. First time using 0's and I didn't really notice a difference between them and my size 1.5s, but I notice a big difference between the 1.5s and 2s. Go figure. The beret is a little big, but hopefully the blocking will help.

2 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Oh yea, been there done that. The mallard sweater was sock yarn on size three. By the end I was ready to stab my eyes out.

Saren Johnson said...

Oh yea, nice hat!