Monday, April 12, 2010

Abrazo

I do not usually cast on patterns as soon as they are released, but when I saw the new Twist Collective, I knew I had to make Abrazo. I had the perfect yarn too, a special skein of Wollmeise I managed to score in a Loopy Ewe sneak up.
Pattern: Abrazo by Susanna IC
Yarn: Wollmeise Sockenwolle 80/20 Twin
Needle: size 8 circular
Date Started: April 2, 2010
Date Finished: April 7, 2010
Comments: I loved the unique construction of this shawl. It starts with the lace and then creates the semi-circular shape with short rows. I agree with the designer that this shape stays on your shoulders a million different ways without a shawl pin. The pattern was easy to follow, although I had a difficult time "seeing" the lace. I cannot wait to wear it this summer with cute sundresses. Working with the Wollmeise was nice, but I have to admit that I do not see what all the hype is about. I agree that the color is fantastic (the pictures do not do it justice), but it's not the softest sock yarn, nor is it very forgiving in terms of slight changes in tension. I'm glad I tried it, and if I happened upon some I would buy more, but I will not be sitting around F5ing The Loopy Ewe for it. How about a detail shot?

2 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Very nice! That color will go with anything.

Yea, I'm not sure what the hype is with most of the yarns. I don't think Noro is all that either.

Unknown said...

bought the pattern but am not understanding what no stitch means in the graft? do i slip the stitch?
thank you for your help, i'm a new knitter and plan on making this for my daughter thanks Louise
louise.losier@gmail.com