
Book reviews!
The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
This is a beautiful book. I am not quite sure how much I can tell you without giving it away. Do not make the same mistake I did- I read this book in the Metro and everyone was wondering what was wrong with the crazy girl bawling her eyes out during the evening commute. Yes this book is sad, but not depressing sad. In its own way it is uplifting and hopeful. I put off reading this for a couple of years because I hate sad books, but I really loved it. This is one of the more "must read" books of the ones I have read for the A to Z author project. I highly recommend it.
No Lesser Plea by Robert K. TanenbaumUnlike the Albom book, No Lesser Plea is a perfect Metro book. This book is very Grisham-esque, though in fairness it was published before Grisham started writing, so I guess it is safe to say that Grisham is Tanenbaum-esque. No Lesser Plea is the first of Tanenbaum's Roger Karp books. I picked it up on a recommendation from a friend. I enjoyed the plot twists, but I finished the book slightly unsatisfied. I am not willing to give up on the series yet though because I think it has fantastic character development. It is set in 1970 and there are undertones of racial strife and the Civil Rights movement that were both shocking and educational for someone like me who was born much later. If you like legal thrillers, I suggest you give this one a try.
Photos from Amazon and 2.
1 comment:
I couldn't figure out why you named your post "T & A". Yea, I'm so with it at times.
Post a Comment