Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Keep Me Sane Socks

A little something I started to mitigate the stress of finals.

Pattern: Sunday Swing Socks by Kristel Nyberg
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi in Loopy's Knitting Nook
Needle: size 0 circular
Date Started: December 4, 2009
Date Finished: January 17, 2010
Comments: The colors are much richer in real life than this picture. I was very impressed that this yarn did not pool. There is a little pooling at the ankle, but that's not at all surprising with a heel flap. Total knitting time was only a few days. The pattern was easy to memorize (even for me). By the end of the second sock I was getting to the "I want to poke my eyes out with my needle" stage, but I'm glad I persevered. If you are looking for a good, free, beginner sock pattern that isn't just plain vanilla, I definitely recommend this one. I changed the toe and heel flap decreases a little, but other than that, I stuck to the pattern.

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

Those are great looking socks. Aren't socks addiciting?