The first book is familiar to many of you knitters, I am sure. It is Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter by the Yarn Harlot herself, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. This book is hilarious. I think it would be funny to a non-knitter, but to a knitter, it will have you rolling on the floor. The stories aren't just humorous though, some are touching or heartbreaking. I think my favorite stories are Is This a Test?, Ten Ways to Anger a Knitter, and One Little Sock. I highly recommend this book to any knitter, and even to anyone who just likes funny stories.
The second book is The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery. I absolutely loved this book. It is probably my favorite of this project so far. I'm not even quite sure if I can give it justice. It is an intelligent, heartwarming story. You will need to have a dictionary sitting right next to you, but believe me, it's worth it. My best friend and I have very different tastes in books. I think the only author we both like is David Sedaris. However, both of us love this book. Go out and get it now. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
*Photos from Amazon.com and 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment