Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oops!


I think I promised you this story a week ago. See anything wrong with this photo? Look closely. Yup, that is the end of my yarn. I tried to modify that pattern to be half the size, thus using the one skein I had instead of the two called for in the pattern. That obviously did not work. I still have two and a half more charts to finish. I adore the yarn (merino cashmere nylon blends are one of my favorites), and the pattern is very pretty, so I contacted the dyer, Lotus Yarns, and she graciously agreed to dye up another skein for me. As soon as that arrives, I can get back to work on this. Note: the color contrast is more striking IRL, a dark black and deep (not washed out like in the photo) turquoise.

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

Glad to hear you're able to get another skein in the same colorway. I've had to finish with a contrasting color.