Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011!

Well hello there! I know, it has been forever. I cannot even begin to tell you everything that has kept me busy. I will say that I'm taking the first round of comprehensive exams for my PhD soon, so things are still a little up in the air. However, let's not dwell on that, ok?

It is a new year. I know for a lot of people that means New Years Resolutions. I hate this concept. I am sure I explained why at some other point, so suffice to say I do not make them. However, I love to do lists. I think they are the perfect way to organize your life. And let's be honest, if I do not write something down, I am probably going to forget it. So while it might just sound like semantics, although I do not like New Years Resolutions, I am a fan of yearly goals. In honor of 2011, I decided on 11 goals this year. It was difficult because I think I actually have closer to 15 to 18, but I believe in being realistic. My goals range from the typical, to the crafty, to the slightly silly.

Without further ado, my 2011 goals:
  1. Make one scrapbook
  2. Start and finish a sweater
  3. Make a color work project
  4. Knit Nana and Grandad socks
  5. Finish or frog all 2010 knitting projects (there are 4)
  6. Make a felt advent calendar
  7. Work out 111 times
  8. Lose 11% of my body weight (no, I am not going to tell you how much I weigh)
  9. Learn to walk in high heels
  10. Prepare an academic paper for submission to a journal
  11. Read 11 non-school books by different authors

PS- Maybe I should have made posting on the blog more often a goal.

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

Very reasonable goals.