I suppose wearing it this way isn't as fashionable, but it is so snuggly and warm. Really, you can't go wrong with Plucky and Madelinetosh.
Pattern:Honey Cowl by Madelinetosh
Yarn: The Plucky Knitter Superwash Merino Worsted in Ivy League Daydream
Needle: size 8 circular
Date Started: February 24, 2011
Date Finished: March 3, 2011
Comments: I made a custom size by casting on 180 stitches. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I ran out of yarn. Instead of frogging all the knit rows at the end plus some of the pattern, I only did three rows of stockinette instead of three before binding off. I can't decide if I like that there is a fake seam at the edge. Final size is 38" by 5". I think this yarn and pattern were made for each other. This is my first cowl, but I can see more in my future.
PS- I've decided it is impossible to take a picture of yourself wearing a cowl. So please excuse all bra straps, double chins, bad lighting, unbrushed hair, and disproportional body shapes.
1 comment:
The cowl looks lovely. Glad you finished it.
Post a Comment