Sunday, June 28, 2009

Can You Believe It? More Socks

I have one more pair of socks to finish, and then I'm swearing them off until school starts again and I'm commuting on the Metro. In fact, I'm working on a beautiful lace show now. More on that later. For now, a pair of socks. I've been lusting over this pattern for ages and finally got around to making them. If you want a quick, simple pattern with a bit of interest, check it out.

Pattern:Candy Twist Cable Socks by Leanne Brown
Yarn: J. Knits Superwash Me - Sock in Washington DC
Needle: size 1.5 circular
Date Started: June 13, 2009
Date Finished: June 25, 2009
Comments: I modified the pattern to only 64 stitches around the ankle because of my gauge. Next time I might keep the 72 though because the ribbing looks pretty stretched out around my ankle. I love this pattern with its huge cable and the fact that the socks are mirror images. < rant > However, I'm not very thrilled with the yarn. I know it is superwash, but it feels scratchy. Plus, I found 2 knots and I did not use all the yarn. I do not think it is too much to expect knot-free yarn. If you cannot make the yarn long enough, sell it in 50 gram hanks so that the knitter is expecting to have to join it. If I buy 100 grams, I expect it to be 100 continuous grams. < /rant >

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

Those are SWEET!! I like the cabling.