Friday, June 5, 2009

Stash Enhancement

I've been in the mood for self-striping yarns lately, plus I could not resist a craft fair.
First, the coveted Vesper sock yarn by Knitterly Things! in colorway "Sweet Summer Sky". I want to buy a contrasting color for heels and toes (they were out of stock) and make a cute pair of knee high socks out of these. I figure both this and the next socks will be good commute projects for when I'm taking the metro to school next year. I still can't believe I'm going back to DC!
I heard about this dyer from Ravelry. It is Studio Avenue Six. I don't know what it is about this colorway, but I could not get it out of my head. I think it will make an awesome pair of Jaywalkers (Ravelry link). It is a little thicker than some of the other sock yarns I have been working with lately, so it should knit up fairly quickly.
Finally, I bought 3 oz. or so of 100% mohair. I got this at Ithacafest's craft fair last weekend. The lady working at the stand was so friendly and interested in talking about her farm that I could not stop thinking about this yarn. I went back later that day and bought it. I was going to buy a champagne color, but then I saw this orange and had to have it. She said it is 100 yards, but I just do not see how that is possible, especially if it is light sport weight. I'm going to measure it when I ball it up and hope that there is enough for a cute shawl or cowl. You can find out more about this yarn and the farm at Laughing Goat Fiber Farm.

I also joined the Plucky Knitter lace club, but that does not ship until the 15th, so you will have to wait to see that. Also coming up, an update on my Single Sock Syndrome!

2 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

The vesper sock is lovely. I <3 purples and blues.

mystica103 said...

Bah! I never managed to find yarn at Ithaca Festival (I wasn't there this year). Lucky you!