Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sweater Love

I am so in love with sweaters this week. Here are some of my favorites:
Picture from http://knitquest.typepad.com/knit_quest/2009/06/a-little-something-done.html
A Little Something by Samantha Roshak. I'm thinking this would be amazing in Cascade Venezia. A lot of people in my knitting class made Loppem out of that yarn and I think the sheen and drape would be perfect for this design, if I can get gauge.
Picture from http://www.twistcollective.com/collection/index.php/component/content/article/71-summer-2009/321-ashbury-by-norah-gaughan
Ashbury by Norah Gaughan. The pattern is from Twist Collective Summer 2009. I'm thinking about that one in Knit Picks CotLin.
Picture from http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter08/PATTamelia.php
This is Amelia by Laura Chau. It was in the Winter 2008 Knitty. I've already picked out the yarn for this one- Cascade Quatro in a beautiful red/orange color (9436).

What about the Featherweight Cardigan that I gushed over awhile back? I've been working on it exclusively this week. I'm almost to the place where I separate for the sleeves. It seems to be taking forever, but I'm sure once I have a lot less stitches on the needles, it will go much quicker.

So for now, it is sweaters, not socks, that are on my brain.

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

I'm with ya, button are WAY overrated.