Saturday, June 6, 2009

Some SSS Alleviation

Yes, if you look over at the sidebar, I no longer have five sock projects going. That means that I've finished some things! Funny enough, they are three Wendy Johnson patterns. She really is an amazing designer. Her patterns are easy to follow and fun to knit. Now, I just need to learn how not to make the foot too long in toe up socks.
Pattern:Trilobite Socks by Wendy D. Johnson
Yarn: The Plucky Knitter Merino Cashmere Nylon Fingering in Nicholas & Alexandra
Needle: size 1.5 circular
Date Started: May 17, 2009
Date Finished: June 4, 2009
Comments: This yarn is so soft and squishy. Love it! Part of the Plucky Classics club.
Pattern:Van Dyke Socks by Wendy D. Johnson
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug in Ginger Cinnabar
Needle: size 2.5 circular
Date Started: May 12, 2009
Date Finished: May 30, 2009
Comments: I bought this yarn right after I turned in my final piece of classwork for my master's degree. Now I only have my thesis to write, so I named these my "ABD (all but dissertation) socks". I've always loved this yarn for its stitch definition. If only the yardage was a little more generous. This pattern just flew off the needles.
Pattern: The Purple Rose of Loopy by Wendy D. Johnson
Yarn: Handmaiden Fine Yarn Casbah Sock in w(h)ine with roses
Needle: size 0 circular
Date Started: May 11, 2009
Date Finished: June 7, 2009
Comments: The yarn and pattern were part of The Loopy Ewe's "Don't Be Blue" kit for not getting into their sock club this year. I love the yarn and the pattern. This is the first time I have used 0s for a sock. I needed them to get gauge, but I think this yarn would be happier at 7.5 or even 7 stitches per inch. At 8, it is stiff with almost no stretch.

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

Wow, you've been busy!